We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Money Advice Scheme– additional support towards household energy costs for eligible Kent residents (funded by the Household Support Fund)

By Mara Estefani Riverhead Parish Council

Monday, 26 February 2024


Riverhead Parish Council Contributor


Would you like to receive support towards your household energy costs whilst you seek help with your debts and money issues?

We are delighted to inform you that Kent County Council is currently working with Citizens Advice North and West Kent to support residents on low incomes who are taking positive steps to address their debts. You could be eligible for additional support towards your household energy bill and receive up to £500 (subject to eligibility criteria).

Eligibility Criteria

To be eligible for this scheme, residents must at a minimum meet the following qualifying criteria:

  • Be aged 16 or over.
  • Be a Kent resident, permanently living within one of the 12 local authorities covered by Kent County Council (this excludes Medway, Bromley, and Bexley)
  • Be responsible for paying the household energy bill (one award per household). If a partner is awarded an energy card, but is not the main energy account holder, they can still use the card against the household energy costs.
  • Be accessing support through ‘Kent Money Advice Hub’.

Other eligibility criteria will apply and be assessed through the debt advice process.

Funding is limited so please contact the Kent Money Advice Hub soon by clicking on the link below - where possible, please make contact via ‘Video Call’ to speak to an Adviser in the first instance.

Kent Money Advice Hub

This support is funded by the UK Governments Household Support Fund – the scheme will close once all funds are spent or before the 31 March 2024

If you have any queries, please email [email protected]

Contact Information

Mara Estefani

  • 01732 461278

Find Riverhead Parish Council

Riverhead Village Hall, Amherst Hill, Riverhead, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2EL


Additional Information

Mara, the Clerk, works Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Open hours for drop in visits to the office are on Monday and Thursday mornings 9.30-12.30. Any other visits will need to be arranged by appointment.