We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content


Local Policing

Local Emergencies

The Kent Resilience Forum is a partnership set up to ensure that agencies and organisations plan and work together, to ensure a co-ordinated response to emergencies that could have a significant impact on communities in Kent.

For useful information to help yourself as an individual or as a business visit the website at

Reporting a faulty streetlight

If the streetlight is on one of the main roads ie Worships Hill, London Road, Maidstone Road or on Lakeside Place (near Tesco) please report these to Kent Highways online via or by telephone 03000 418181

All other streetlights in Riverhead can be reported to the Parish Clerk by email [email protected] or telephone 01732 461278 or by using the contact page via the top right of this page.

Bus problems?

KCC have launched a Bus Feedback Portal. It includes information about how to make a formal complaint or compliment about bus services and who to contact in the event that bus users experience problems.

It also includes a feedback form for residents to let us know about their experiences of using buses and the quality of service provided.

It will use the feedback to get a greater understanding of what types of problems bus users experience and to spot trends about the areas or on which services they arise.  It will use this information to inform the conversations that it has with bus operators through our Quality Bus Partnerships or more generally and help improve things for bus users.

KCC is encouraging people to use the form to let it know about their experience of using buses and the quality of service provided. A link to the portal if provided below.

If you have any comments about the portal then please Email [email protected]

How to report a pothole

Potholes (and other highways  problems such as faulty street lights and uneven pavements) should be reported to Kent Highways Services on 03000 418181 or on their web-site at at any time.  You will be given a reference number. Please keep a note of this as it makes it easier to chase the matter up by phone or on-line.

Fly Tipping

Fly-tipping information provided by Sevenoaks District Council 20 July 2016

Despite challenging financial times Sevenoaks District Council have recently appointed an Environmental Enforcement officer to investigate fly-tipping offences across the District.  Many householders are not aware they have a duty of care to check that the contractor they employ to dispose of their rubbish is licensed to carry such waste and that it will be taken to a licenced disposal facility.    Since May 2016, enforcement officers may issue a fixed penalty notice fine in the sum of £400 as an alternative to court prosecution to those proven to have fly-tipped waste.

If you see fly-tipping the following details are invaluable but you should never put yourself at risk in gathering this information.

The name and address of the person tipping the waste if known
A full description of the incident including the precise location and any vehicle registration numbers, identifying names, markings or phone numbers
A full description of the waste and whether you actually witnessed it being deposited
The time and date of the fly-tipping

The  Environmental Enforcement officer will be working closely with Town and Parish representatives, neighbouring Council enforcement officers, Kent County Council and Environment Agency colleagues to gather evidence and share intelligence.  If you wish to report fly-tipping on the Highway for clearance please call Sevenoaks District Council on 01732 227000.  If you have witnessed or have information relating to a fly-tipping offence please call Sevenoaks District Council on 01732 227000.


Ian Finch

Head of Direct Services

Sevenoaks District Council