Accessibility statement for www.riverheadparishcouncil.org.uk
This accessibility statement applies to www.riverheadparishcouncil.org.uk
This website is run by Riverhead Parish Council. and is a HugoFox Content management system.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability. This covers such things as making your screen images and text larger, using a text reader to convert text to sound, using voice recognition to control your computer, increasing mouse pointer signs etc.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- The signed Annual Governance and Accountability Audit and Governance Returns are PDF documents that are not fully accessible to screen reader software.
- There are some Website Pages that have errors that were identified by the Wave Evaluation Tool.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like an accessible word document or PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email [email protected]
- call 01732 461278 and leave a message if there is no answer
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 5 days. Mrs Caroline Penollar, the Parish Clerk, usually works Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays if you prefer to speak to someone in person.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact’ page, call 01732 461278 or email [email protected] for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact: Mrs Caroline Penollar, Parish Clerk by email [email protected] or call her on 01732 461278
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We can provide communication by email for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Contact Caroline Penollar by email at [email protected].
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Riverhead Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant (84%) with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
The following success criterion was not met:
- Image Map Area Missing (1.1.1 Non-Text Content Level A)
- Missing Alternative Text (1.1.1 Non-Text Content Level A)
- Empty Form Labels (1.3.1 Info and Relationships Level A)
- Low Contrast Errors (1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum)Level AA)
- Empty Link (2.4.4 Link Purpose in Context Level A)
- Empty Heading (2.4.6 Headings & Labels Level AA)
- Skipped Heading Level (2.4.6 Headings & Labels Level AA)
- Missing First Level Heading (2.4.6 Headings & Labels Level AA)
- Language = ‘EN’ To help screen readers to pronounce the content in English UK, Lang should be changed to ‘EN-GB’ (3.1.1 Language of Page Level A)
- Missing Form Label (3.3.2 Labels or Instructions Level A)
- Multiple Form Labels (3.3.2 Labels or Instructions Level A)
- Screen Reader did not read out Error Alert points 1. And 2. (4.1.3 Status Messages Level AA)
These items above have been discussed with our Website designers who are currently working on a rebuild that will incorporate ARIA markup standards and make us fully compliant.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they are not essential to providing our services. For example, we have not fixed the Annual Governance and Accountability Returns finalised before 23 September 2018.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards and where they cannot due to being signed, an accessible version without signatures will be made available on request.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 25th February 2021. An Accessibility Audit was carried out on the Riverhead Parish Council website on the 22nd/ 23rd February 2021. The Audit was carried out on all the pages on the Riverhead Parish Council Website by Jeff Manning (Manning Media Services).
The Riverhead Parish Council Website was evaluated using the Wave Evaluation Tool and the NVDA screen reader was used in the testing of the Website.
Select the link to the Accessibility Audit Report below for full details of the Accessibility Audit.